Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Awesome song alert - "I Just Wanna Run" by The Downtown Fiction

  "I Just Wanna Run" is one of those songs I cannot only relate to, but is also one I could listen to over and over and over and over and over and....well you get the idea.  A pop rock/powerpop/alternative rock band, The Downtown Fiction mixes some pretty interesting melodies together in this song (especially when there's a switch to an almost scale-like progression of notes when the lyrics "I'm feelin' like I keep on talking, I'm repeating myself, My words lost all meaning, I keep talking, I repeat myself" are sung).  My favorite lyrics:

"Like a game of chess
I predict your move
I think I know you better
Better than you do

I'm sick of feeling cheap
Cheated and abused
Sick of losing sleep
Thinking about you

I'm feelin' like I keep on talking
I'm repeating myself
My words lost all meaning
I keep talking, I repeat myself."

LinkWithin