Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fancy by Jessica Simspon Eau De Parfum Spray Review

  I'm kind of wanting to do some more posts on fashion, style, makeup, etc., so I thought I'd give you a bonus post today (since I was lazy yesterday and didn't do one :P) and share a review on some perfume I got recently.

  I've been pretty into vanilla scented perfumes for awhile now...probably a couple of years and my mom is SO good at finding THE best versions of things - including my perfume.  A while back I had used up my Vanilla Lace perfume by Victoria's Secret (which, by the way, my mom got off eBay - we don't frequent that store lol).  She got it for my sister's birthday, but it turned out my sister preferred Vera Wang's Rock Princess perfume, which my mom uses as well.  So anyway, I personally like the sweet, confectionary type smell of "Vanilla Lace" and that sort of fragrance fits my personality better since I'm sort of a girly girl. :)  After I used it up I switched to "Vanille Abricot" by Comptoir Sud Pacifique, which had more of a PURE vanilla smell rather than like, just a tone.  I've gotten pretty used to it, but it smells almost like cotton candy and a little TOO sweet.  It's pretty much used up now though and after a little research for the best vanilla perfume, my mom bought me this


which is Fancy by Jessica Simpson. 


   Now when I first sprayed it on me, I wasn't sure if I would like it because it smells more like perfume rather than a pure vanilla scent because...that's what it is!  ;)  It's actually kind of growing on me though.  According to Macy's website, the "heart" notes of the perfume are pear, apricot nectar, and red fruits followed by gardenia, jasmine, toasted almonds, and caramel.  The base notes are sandalwood, vanilla creme, and amber crystals.  It does actually kind of have a warm, fruity, apple smell to me.  It seems more like a fall/winter scent because it is sweet whereas in the summer it seems like you need to wear a more fresh scent, but I could definitely see me wearing it year round. 
So if you are looking for a way to kind of update your style, or are looking for a vanilla fragrance to wear, I would recommend Fancy. :)






LinkWithin