Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Book Questionnaire

Took this little questionnaire from Kelli at She Learns as She Goes. If you do this questionnaire, leave me a comment and I'll come check it out! :D

Do you snack while you read?
You know, I don't really!  I feel like I get too distracted when I'm eating and reading - it's like I don't pay attention as well.

What is your favorite drink while reading?
I always have to have something to drink while I read and usually it's water.  Sometimes though I'll have some vinegar/honey water or chamomile tea.

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?
It doesn't really horrify me, but I honestly can't stand it when people have written in books.  Highlighters are the worst.

How do you keep your place while reading a book? 
I usually have a bookmark with me, but sometimes I'll use the library receipt or some other type of paper.

Are you the type of person who tends to read to the end of the chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
It's according to the book.  Usually if I'm reading and then have to do something, I just go ahead and do whatever has to be done because I can't really concentrate on the book like I'd like to.  Other times I'll finish the chapter.

Are you the type of person to throw a book across the room or onto the floor if the author irritates you?
No way!  I don't like to be rough with my books.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you look it up right away?
I'm not very good at remembering vocabulary, so when I was in high school I would always look up the words I didn't know. Now, unless the word is really important to the book, I just keep reading.

What are you currently reading?
Well, I'm technically reading The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson, but I haven't read it lately....

What is the last book you bought?
Oh wow um...the last books I received as gifts were The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath and Do Hard Things.  I usually get my books from the library though.

Do you have a favorite time/place to read?
My sideporch.

Do you prefer series books or stand alones?
I like both, but series books always make me the most excited.

Is there a specific book you find yourself recommending over and over?
Not really.  I usually have people recommend books to me haha.

How do you organize your books?
All over the place.  Since I homeschooled, there are shelves of books all over the place.  Most of the books I read are on a bookshelf in my room though.


Follow on Bloglovin

LinkWithin