And you know what?
It's kind of hard to get your head wrapped around, but think of it.
A true friend....
1. Does not lie about you, to you, or about other people.
2. Will not be mean to you or about you. If they have done something insensitive, they will apologize (and mean it) as soon as they realized they have hurt your feelings.
3. Will not accept other people who are being mean to you - because if you are a true friend, they will know that this other person is just out of line.
4. Will add to the relationship. They will not always be taking from you.
5. Will respect you and your morals, even if they are different from theirs.
6. They will not ignore you. They might get busy, but if they will not purposely avoid you for no reason.
Now think of everything you think a true friend is. No matter what you can come up with to be mad at them about, most things that would ruin a relationship is premeditated and mean on the other person's part. That's not a true friend. So you can't lose real ones. You might both get busy at times and not be able to talk or hang out as much as you used to. You might have a disagreement or squabble like you do with your family members, but it won't tear you apart. You shouldn't have to worry about someone lying, being mean, being a bully, being selfish, or being rude to you because a true friend doesn't do that. If you feel like you are losing a friend, it might be time to question if they are a friend in the first place. It might just be time to let this friend impostor go.
What do YOU think a true friend is like?P.S. Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the Woven Bracelet giveaway. Enter today at this link! :)