Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 1: A favorite song

Telling me to pick my favorite song is like telling a mother to pick her favorite child (well...sort of).  I have many favorite songs, each a favorite for different reasons. But if I had to pick just one?

"Fireflies" by Owl City


Although threatened to be forever ruined by a few ne'er do wells that I met later in life, "Fireflies" was able to stand up for itself through it all.  Associated with wayfarer sunglasses and chemistry for me, I have to say it is one of those songs that I listen to and just feel instantly nostalgic for my sophomore year in high school.  It makes me happy, and reminds me of sitting outside on my side porch enjoying nature and reading I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith.  Heck, I was even listening to this before I could drive - talk about youth!


  And come on - Adam Young is just a really cool guy, and a great role model.  This makes "Fireflies" doubly awesome, because not only is it an amazing song by itself, it's written by a really great human being as well.  "Fireflies" is dreamy and inspiring - what's not to love?

Picture from Weheartit.com

LinkWithin