Friday, May 25, 2012

And so vacation begins!


      Not having to stress about anything is absolutely wonderful.  It makes me just want to skip and twirl and pick all the flowers I can find.  Well, maybe not really but it does make me feel free, free, free.  Most of my summer goals I have made I have also been working on - the only thing I can say that I'm really falling behind in is photography as well as blogging.  I can't quite find the motivation to get out and take pictures, but maybe I'll try that sometime this weekend.  As for blogging, I've honestly just been lazy.  But I'm trying!
  I have been practicing my writing though - I'm writing a story based on the Mungojerrie and Rumpleteaser poem by T.S. Eliot.  For a while in middle school, I was terribly into the musical CATS and I still have a soft spot for it in my heart.  And what better way to practice my dance of words than writing about something I know a ton about?  The theme for it is Father's Day, so I can't wait to share that with you guys!
  I've been taking a break from Facebook, too.  It seemed like it was starting to take control over other things that I wanted to accomplish.  Now don't get me wrong - I still feel a need to check it, and am not stopping cold turkey.  I'm just lessening the time I spend on it, and not checking it all throughout during the day.  Confession time - I DID check it more today.  This is all a process though. :)
  So I hope everyone is having a good summer!  Have a great Memorial Day weekend, but please remember our fallen men and women in service.  Take care! ♥

LinkWithin