Monday, May 14, 2012

Summer 2012


  This week is my last week of school before summer begins.  Summer.....ah, just the name sounds peaceful.  And usually it is.  Last summer was not very peaceful for me, however, and this year I want it to be (although the emotions I experienced and learned from last summer I wouldn't trade for the world) .  I'm not saying that I want a "boring" summer, but I want one where I'm doing things that are pleasing to me and my education and what I want to do, regardless of what I feel I should be doing or what other people are doing.  This summer, I know I want to be a good one.  Do you know that little interval of time between being a kid and an adult?  Of course "adolescence" is the word, of which I am certainly, but I'm meaning I feel that way now.  Because when you're a teenager, you feel you can do anything.  That part of my life has past.  Now I know that I can't do anything on my own yet, but I'm slowly merging into the time of my life where I will truly have to do things for myself, and only I will have the final word (along with The Mighty One, of course).  So, I feel like this summer is one of only a few summers I have left to really not rush my life and be restless.  This is a summer to do what I want.  So, I'd like to list my summer goals below (some silly, some serious, but all me), and I encourage you do to so as well!

SUMMER 2012
1. Practice piano everyday.
2. Get better at photography; learn more about Holga camera, save money for lenses and film, watch videos on how to use camera, find good places to shoot.
3. Read my bible everyday,
4. Practice my writing everyday.
5. Take a class on world religion.
6. Lay around and do nothing but think.
7. Listen to music.
8. Read everyday, and start a new book as soon as I finish an old one.
9. Spend time on my side porch enjoying nature.
10. Blog at least twice a week.
11. Practice my driving.
12. Volunteer at library.
13. Try to get better at speaking up, even if the answer I get is no.

LinkWithin