Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Update about the blog

Hi everyone!
So I haven't been on consistently in a long time.  There are a lot of reasons for that which I'll get to in a minute but first of all, I want to thank all of my wonderful followers who have supported my blog and continued viewing it even when I wasn't posting.  I think that's really awesome and really sweet and it's just...I don't know.  It makes me happy. :D
One reason I haven't been posting a lot is I felt like I might have been losing myself a little in my posts.  I found myself comparing my blog to other people's blogs and YouTube channels, and I felt kind of pressured to post a lot of pictures of myself or things that I'd bought, and sometimes I just felt like I was focusing too much on myself.  So I guess I had to do a little bit of soul searching in this break period.
Another reason I haven't really been posting was because my mom has actually been pretty sick.  She's doing a ton better and I'm so thankful for that, but I've just been really busy with helping around the house and doing my schoolwork and overall just balancing my life.
I also don't really know what direction I'd like to take my blog in, which was another reason I haven't been posting.  I had gotten out of fashion and makeup really and have tried experimenting with other hobbies, but really I do love fashion and makeup and writing reviews on products because that's something I always really like to read about.  So I'll probably keep writing about beauty, but I'd also like to write on some of my other passions like religion, photography, and one of my newest hobbies which is making realistic clay food for doll houses and doll collections.
I guess this post may be kind of rambling, but overall the main point I'm trying to get across is that I really didn't know what to post about, I had to quit comparing myself to others and worrying about what people though of my blog, and I'm finally feeling like I have the time to put some energy into my blog.
If you guys have any ideas about my blog, I'd really appreciate hearing your advice and suggestions.
ALSO, off topic, but I wanted to ask everyone to pray for and keep their hearts and minds with the people in Boston, who have suffered unimaginable terror and heartbreak.
So thanks everyone, and I'll talk to you later.  Bye! :)

~Lydia

2 comments:

Rissi said...

Hey, Lydia! So glad to see a post from you. :)

Your explanation made perfect sense. I understand some of your reservations however if you have a conviction or are uncomfortable with posting personal photos, you shouldn't. That is something I am not into either and I think if that isn't a direction you want from your blog, then you shouldn't bend to it. Your new ideas blending with the "old" sounds great! Will look forward to that in the future.

Oh, I am so sorry about your mom but am glad she's doing better. Hope she continues to get better.

What happened in Boston yesterday was horrible. Everyone involved has been in my thoughts.

Lydia said...

Rissi! Thanks for your sweet comment. I don't feel comfortable doing that, so I'm not going to. It's nice to have another blogger on board who doesn't either! Thanks for the kind wishes about my mom, and I hope you enjoy my future posts! :)

LinkWithin